Necessary Revision

The River Run mural design was created on the computer via Adobe Illustrator. When looking at the screen for a long period of time, I was unable to get an accurate feel for how the actual paint would appear on the concrete wall. There are 2 areas of the design that the green does not "pop" from the blue background. Below is the first example:

It's next to impossible to see the green lines to the left of the kayaker. After seeing it firsthand I asked the painters to paint over the green line with the darker chocolate color. The same color combination is in the design later down the wall and the change has already been specified.

It's next to impossible to see the green lines to the left of the kayaker. After seeing it firsthand I asked the painters to paint over the green line with the darker chocolate color. The same color combination is in the design later down the wall and the change has already been specified.

Major improvement

Major improvement

You can see that it's not going to work this way either. Below is the revised color.

You can see that it's not going to work this way either. Below is the revised color.

Again, major improvement.

Again, major improvement.

The painters at K12 have been amazing, and are moving along more quickly than imagined. It's mainly because of how well they set-up their process to paint. They went in and painted the background and overpainted the individual design elements via projection. Below are a few photos that Tracy, the head painter, sent over this past weekend.